. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Molly update

March 1, 2017

Molly update


If you follow me on Instagram you know that we had quite the scare with our dog Molly last weekend.  She came running from around the back like she always does when being let out, and was bleeding everywhere.  Chris was already outside and called for me and when I came out it looked like a murder scene.  There was blood everywhere and we didn't know what happened or where it was coming from, except we knew it was somewhere by her mouth and by her chest.  There was so much blood, I was sure she was going to die.  It was traumatic and awful.  I called the emergency vet, bawling, then called Chris' parents to come pick up Chris and Molly to take them to the vet. (And I spent the next half hour cleaning up blood outside.)  Thankfully the kids were asleep.  I don't know how we would've handled that if they were awake. We figured that some animal must have attacked her (she often chases after anything so easily could have run after a raccoon or coyote or something). She stayed overnight at the vet and got staples and is on antibiotics and pain medicine and has to wear this awful cone for another week or so until the wound on her leg heals.  She is so sad and pathetic.  I am just so thankful she is okay.  I was a mess and can not imagine our life without her!  She is the sweetest dog and loves our babies so well. Lots of extra love and care for Molly the next few weeks!



Image Map

1 comments:

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my word! Poor Molly! This almost had me in tears. I'm such a dog person and cannot imagine how traumatic that had to have been for you guys to see her like that. Prayers for her healing! :)