. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Addi Says What

May 7, 2015

Addi Says What


It amazes me that Addilyn will be two in a little over two months.  We were at a first birthday party this last weekend and I feel like we were just there.  It's crazy to me how fast she's become this real little person, with opinions and jokes and lots of feelings.  

The other morning she screamed for 25 minutes because she wanted me to get up with her and not Chris.  At 5:15 in the morning.  I surely hope there is an end to her early wakeups soon.  

Her much more pleasant self comes out later in the day, and she has plenty of moments where she is just the sweetest, funniest and smartest little thing. 

She's started to say though all the time.  Which I very quickly realized I say it all the time.  Monkey see, monkey do.  Could be so much worse, right? But she uses it in the right context and it's just so funny.  

She found an old puff on the floor of the car and excitedly said
"A puff!"
(me) "A really old one."  
"Eat it, though?" 

She went to grab my coffee cup when we were eating at Panera and I said, 
"That's mama's coffee."
(Addi) "Hold it, though?" 

But the best would be the other day when we were sitting on the top of the stairs waiting for Chris to get home and she starting blowing bubbles and spitting on the floor, something she annoyingly thinks is funny to do these days.  I told her if she spits again she gets a time out.  She said,
"a little spit though, just a little mama?"  
(me) "No spitting.  Not even a little bit." 
"A little drool though? 

I couldn't keep a straight face of course.  Smart little negotiator.  Thankfully she's started saying super sweet things too.  After her nap last week she was extra snuggly and after ten minutes or so put her face right next to mine, rested her hand on my chin and whispered "I love you mama." Then stayed like that for minutes and I don't think my heart could have been happier.  


Image Map

9 comments:

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is such a sweet stage! I love all the little conversations you're having and the sweet things Addilyn is saying. Really melts your heart or makes you crack up :)

Alana Livingston said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She's so sweet! I would not be able to argue with her negotiating!

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Lol!!!!! "A little drool, though?" Hahah that is hilarious. She's a smart little cookie ;)

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hysterical! Get this girl an agent! ;) Really though, what a sweetheart...she saying the most adorable things. :)

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That last one is just so sweet!

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is so cute and I can not believe how fast she is growing up!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I LOVE this. She is so chatty. I can't wait until we can understand more of what D says. Addie is a great talker!!

Laura said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So adorable!

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such a cutie!! When did she really start talking? Not sure how the time line works haha Noah says about 10 words. Can't believe she will be 2 soo soon!!