. . . for Lauren and Lauren: DIY Flower Pots

May 18, 2015

DIY Flower Pots

painted flower pots

I could count on one hand how many weeks I've kept a plant alive before, but I am determined to change that this summer! I think because we spend some much time at home now that we have Addilyn, I'm more motivated to make our house, both inside and out, more appealing.  I also am always looking for things for Addilyn and I do to together, so making flower pots and planting flowers was perfect!  

I had no idea how expensive planters were, so we just made our own.  These ceramic pots were under $1.50.  I bought a bunch of them and already had stickers and paint at home.  Addilyn helped me put dots all over a few of the pots and I did just a strip of painters tape on the others. 


 I thought spray paint would be the easiest, but after doing one I used acrylic paint instead.  The acrylic paint was much brighter and looked way better.  After the paint dried I took off the stickers and tape and they looked great!  Not perfect, but good enough!

I found a little shovel for Addilyn and she was thrilled to "help" put it in the pots.  My deck was a disaster, but it was so worth it.  We were covered in dirt but were happy!  


Besides flowers, we got basil and cilantro to plant as well.  One year I tried to plant a garden and failed quite miserably, so we're starting small this summer and maybe I'll try a big garden next year. The grey bigger pots I got at Target for under $3 and just decorated them with a gold Sharpie to make them cuter!

painted flower pots
 

That little stand in the corner used to be in our house and was about to go to Goodwill after sitting in our garage for awhile.  I'm glad I didn't get rid of it, because after some spray paint it's perfect for our deck!  (Next up is some stain for our patio furniture!) 

 

 We made some pots for our moms as a Mother's Day gift, and planted some flowers in them too!

painted flower pots

 I found a cute little Frozen watering can at Target and Addi loves it!  We water all of the plants at least once a day, over and over.  I surely hope we don't kill them from too much water!! I'm thankful for a new hobby for Addilyn and I and a pretty deck, porch and yard!!



Image Map


2 comments:

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love how they turned out. And what a cute little helper you have!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is such a cute helper! D loves watering our new beds out back.