. . . for Lauren and Lauren: I survived

May 28, 2015

I survived

top: c/o sheinside    shorts: jcpenny  sandals: target

If you think that smile in the first photo looks forced, you're right.  I took this shortly after getting back from the dentist, which if you've read my blog years past you know I absolutely dread.  I had to get a root canal, after they tried to fill a deep cavity last week.  Thankfully the process wasn't as bad as I thought, which is saying a whole lot, but I'm glad it went a tiny better than I imagined.  Sadly I still have three more appointments left to go, with a crown and more cavities.  To top that I off I got the stomach flu on Sunday and I can say as bad as that is, I'd rather have that for two days then go to the dentist. 

I'd actually rather do quite a lot of things like play chess for many hours, 

watch four episodes of South Park, 

eat a jar of olives, 

listen to carol of the bells on repeat all day long, 

and stand in the middle of a mosquito field in my swimsuit.  

What would you rather do than go to the dentist? 

Image Map

6 comments:

Alana Livingston said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It's crazy to think that I was VERY close to becoming a Dental Hygienist...I actually got all my pre-reqs but decided to go to business school instead. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that, but I'm glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be!

shelleystirs said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I just had my checkup this week. I am one of those people who loves to go since my teeth feel so clean after I'm done. Beyond braces, I've never had extensive dental work done, but I think I would be in your camp if I had to deal with what you are going through. Hope the rest goes well!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ugh, days at the dentist are anything but fun. But you still look cute as ever in that sweater!!

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I don't care for the dentist either. I dread going because there's almost always some dental work that follows my cleaning visit. I'd rather take a glucose test or be in the car for hours instead of going to the dentist. Hope your next appointments go quickly and aren't too much hassle.

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This top and your hair - LOVE. So glad you survived. You and Justin feel the same way about the dentist.

Dora Ingram said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

The smile seems forced, but the sense of relief feels genuine! Root canals are like that; they're grueling as much as they are extensive. But it’s better than dealing with the alternative of suffering through recurring pain, should you leave it unattended. Anyway, I hope the upcoming visits are as good as this one. Good luck!

Dora Ingram @ CGDDS