. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Addi says what

December 8, 2015

Addi says what


"This is my new smile mama." 

We have given Addilyn a lot of breathing treatments with her nebulizer this Fall, and one day she found an extra mask and told me it's time for my breathing medicine.  She put the mask on me and sternly said "Sit still.  I'll hold you down!" and then at the end "You did it! I'm so proud of you!" 

Addi burped and said, "My mouth tooted!"  She could not stop laughing, once we started laughing. 

I sat on the toilet and Addi said, "You can do it honey!"  I peed and she said "Yea! I'm so proud of you! Want a Skittle? I'm a grown up."  She goes and gets me a Skittle and says, "I'm so proud of you mama." 

A few times lately she's found a toy or something and said, "I used to like this when I was a little boy." 


When we were picking out our Christmas tree Addilyn found this little branch with a few leaves and told me that was the tree she wanted to take home and decorate.  She carried for a little while and then looked at me, held it out and said "This is getting heavy and heavy.  I need to sleep so I can get stronger." 
 
One morning we walked out by the Christmas tree and she said "Let's stand back and look at the tree.  Woooooow!"

I went in Addilyn's room again after bedtime and she wanted me to sing hush little baby. She said "that song is not for big girls, but sing it to my baby brother."  So I was singing it while her eyes were closed and I was sure she was asleep in her crib.  Then she rolls over and says, "baby brother is going to have a penis! A penis like daddy does!"  


We had a huge snow storm a few weeks ago and I took Addi outside.  The snow was up passed her knees and she just kept falling over.  She could not stop giggling and saying "This is just so fun!"

At church after Sunday school I heard a mom say something about watching the Bible lesson on tv, so I asked Addi if they watch a lesson on tv and she said, "Yes.  I asked if I could watch Daniel Tiger and she said NO, NO, NO!" (shaking her finger)

I took Addi to the doctor and they tested her for strep throat.  When we got home she was telling Chris what they did and said, "They shoved bobby pins in the back of my throat.  Special bobby pins. They shouldn't do that." 

The other day she pulled her pants and diaper down a little bit in the back and said, "Hey! Look at my boot crack." 



Image Map

5 comments:

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Out of the mouths of babes! Love it. I tell my moms every year, I will believe half of what they tell me if you believe have of what they tell you.

Tami said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hehe! I love the funny little things they say! Especially around this age!!! Sometimes my daughter will say a phrase or use a mannerism that is something I do and it's the funniest thing watching it come from a tiny person.

Ps. You look great!!!

Kylie @ Counselor with a Cape said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute! Can't wait to hear what else comes out of her mouth as she learns and grows. :)

Amanda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Bahahaha! She is hilarious!!! Please write more of these posts ;)

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is seriously a riot and SO darn cute. I wish I could hangout with her - and you!!