. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Come on fellow mom

February 2, 2016

Come on fellow mom

tunic: pinkblush maternity   denim: old navy   boots: just fab

I take Addilyn to a parent tot gymnastics class every week and she loves it.  I debated signing up for this last round as it goes up to the week before my due date and really isn't the most pleasant with my big belly.  Attempting to demnostrate a crab walk and help her with somersaults just isn't happening.  

This last week there was a new mom I hadn't seen before and she was pregnant as well.  I asked her when her due date was, and would've guessed a good two months after me as she was pretty tiny. She said February 18 and my response wanted to be "Oh my gosh! You are so tiny. What the heck?" But instead I said "That is so soon! You look amazing and have such a cute little belly."  

She asked me when I was due and I wanted to say "three weeks ago" but told her my real due date of the first week of March instead.  Her response?  "Wow!" In a drawn out shocked tone.  Then preceeded to look at the mom next to me and say "She's due three weeks after me!" 

Thank you fellow pregnant mom.  Maybe she could tell I wasn't thrilled at her comment and then told me "well my first was only six pounds, so . . . . "  I then told her Addilyn was almost 9 pounds, as if that is really the difference.  

Whatever.  Although there really should be a better understanding of what to say, especially when you're pregnant too!  

Thankfully this gave me a good laugh, and I still think it's funny. 


Image Map

6 comments:

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

love the gorilla

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look great! Seriously.

And how amazing is Pink Blush? Life saver. I want everything in the entire store.

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Some people just have a terrible poker face. Clearly you can think fast! :) I'll be honest: I sympathize with people who say exactly what they are thinking. I have no tact either half the time! It's a blessing and a curse.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

A few weeks before I as due a lady at work told me I was getting so fat. Yes, dhe did. People just don't think. And, for the record, you look great!

Leslie Germain said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look fabulous!! All baby bellies are beautiful!! Everyone's body is different which makes them carry differently. enjoy this beautiful time.

Erin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look great! My son will be 1 on the 23rd (I was due March 2nd). I gained WAY more weight with him than my daughter...like 30 pounds more! Eek! :-/ (total weight gained was about 50 pounds...I was secretly hoping for a giant baby! Lol! Jk...sort of! But alas, he was about 8 pounds! Haha!). Anyway, tons of people commented toward the end just how HUGE I was. It was so annoying. But forget all of them! You definitely look beautiful!

P.S. I really appreciated your post on not really enjoying pregnancy. I had two very rough pregnancies and hated both! Haha Of course, until afterwards when I would miraculously forget how miserable I was and then want to be pregnant all over again. Lol! Thank goodness I did forget or we never would have considered another baby! :)

Hang in there...you're in the final countdown! :)