. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Dear baby boy,

February 24, 2016

Dear baby boy,


Dear baby boy, 

I can not believe we are so close to meeting you.  I have so many feelings about bringing you into this world, meeting you and having you join our family.  I feel anxious for labor and just want you to be here and healthy. I can't even wait to see what you look like.  I wonder if you will have dark hair like your sister did when she was born, or big brown eyes like her.  

We had a doctor's appointment last night and the doctor thinks that you are pretty big.  We go in next week to have an ultrasound to see, and it made me start to get more anxious about delivery.  About you being healthy when you come out, and getting here without any complications.  I laughed though because every day when we pray with Addilyn we pray that you keep growing big and strong and healthy. So many keep up the healthy, but you can hold off on the pounds this next week or so!  

I'm sure lots of moms feel this way about a second baby, but I worry that I won't get to hold you enough.  Or have much one on one time with you.  But I think you are so lucky to be born into a family with a big sister.  She is so excited for you, and while I'm sure there will be plenty of times she won't be thrilled to share me with you, you are going to love her.  You're going to get an extra person to entertain you, make you laugh and always have someone to play with.  I feel so thankful that we get to give that to Addilyn too.  You will be such a blessing to her.  

The last many nights I haven't slept much at all.  I lay awake and picture what our lives with look like once you're here.  And while I feel nervous about the transition, I can't even tell you how excited I am. How thankful I am that God has given you to us.  You are a miracle.  A blessing and will be the completion to our family.  So soon I will get to tell you all that to your sweet little face and I just can not wait.  

Love, 

your mama

Image Map

4 comments:

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

beyond sweet.

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Before you know it, you won't even remember what life was like with just 1! I can't believe your due date is so soon!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Ashley Sanderson said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see his little face!!!

Elegance and Mommyhood said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hi LAUREN.

I have followed along whenever I could and read your pregnancy updates. Huge congratulations on your second baby and how cool that it is a boy this time. Hope all goes well till the end, pretty mamma. Good luck!

Hugs, Ada. =)