. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Telling our families

October 19, 2015

Telling our families


When I was pregnant with Addilyn we had my parents and brother and sister in law over to tell them that we were having a girl and then did the same thing with Chris' parents the next day.  I made a cake and put pink frosting inside.  It was easy and fun, so I figured we'd do the same thing again.  This time my sister and family were there and our parents together, which made it even better.  My cake looked exactly the same as last time (minus the blue frosting of course!).  


I had my sister and nephew cut into the cake and their faces are too funny!  I know Travis is excited about having another boy in the family! 

Clearly I lack more creativity and wanted to do things just as simple as the first time with this too! When we announced the the gender our first pregnancy we used balloons, so I thought it would be fun to do the same thing again.  This time with a much cuter subject blowing the balloons. 



Our families stayed for less than a half hour and then we headed to the pumpkin farm!  It was a perfect afternoon, and so much fun telling them all in person that we were having a boy!  Now it only Addilyn would stop saying everything is for her "baby sister."  



Image Map

14 comments:

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

very sweet

Allyson McGuire said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh congratulations! Baby boys are so sweet!

Katie @ My Darling Days said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So fun, congratulations again!! Addilyn is so darn cute, especially in that last photo. What a doll!

www.mydarlingdays.blogspot.com

shelleystirs said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

The look on your sister's face is priceless! Congratulations on your baby boy!

Ashley Sanderson said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So fun! I'm pregnant with a boy as well and I can't wait! Our oldest is a girl too :)

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sweet!! I bet your family was so excited :)

Alana Livingston said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute! I love your sisters face looking at the blue icing! Haha. My niece is convinced the baby in my tummy is a girl so if it turns out to be a boy, we will have the same problem as you! Haha. Such a hard concept for little kids!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How adorable! Love this!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How adorable! Love this!!

Foxy's Domestic Side said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute! Congrats again! So happy you didn't make us wait!

Nicole Cushing said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So exciting!! What a great idea! And I know addison must have loved being apart of it! Congrats.

XoXo,
Nicole

http://www.nicole-kelly.com

Tami said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Congratulations!!! How exciting!
Before we found out what we were having, my two year old daughter insisted it was a "girl baby". We couldn't even trick her into saying it was a boy. All I kept thinking is "Oh man, what are we going to do if this is a boy? She's going to end up dressing him like a girl and calling him her sister." Lol.
Ps. It's a girl.

Leigh said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love this idea! So cute :) Congratulations on a little boy :)

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is so cute! Love that you did the same things!!